Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Clinic is a great success!

Our August 2nd clinic in Oley, Pa. was a great success....despite the torrential downpours. The morning started just on time, with Ryan arriving at 7:30am to set the outside stadium course for the Baby Novice division. With an eye on the sky, we optimistically set the course, hoping that we would be able to dodge the rain drops. The first participants arrived, and came into the indoor to do the dressage portion of the clinic.....just in time for the rain.

Our spirits were still high even with the sound of the first thunderclaps, which sent us scrambling to drag fences back into the indoor for the jumping portion. The sky had opened up & clearly there was no chance of jumping outdoors.

The baby novice portion of the clinic was mostly young students from Nicole Estep's barn out of Harrisburg, Pa. Several of the young girls were on young TB's right off the track. One young prospect had just jumped his first fences on the Thursday prior to the clinic, so the gymnastics were a new introduction to him. I was quite impressed with Ryan's methodical and patient approach with the young horses......and the girls received over 2 hours of his full attention.

The next group was comprised of Novice and Training level eventers. We started with a good half hour of flat work, which also involved some one on one attention. We then progressed onto the gymnastics and course work, which encompassed several bending lines. All the ladies had a fabulous time & felt Ryan's feedback was productive and encouraging.....and I've received several emails about setting up future lessons and clinics.

Thanks so much to all the attendees and those who helped with the clinic. Hopefully next time Mother Nature will be more cooperative with the weather!! LT

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a little late, but I want to thank you, Ryan, for all the time you spent with me and my group at this clinic. I was in the Baby Novice group (I rode the bay) and was very pleased with the patience he showed with myself and my fellow riders. It was very refreshing to see that in a top level instructor/rider. I also find it an inspiration for myself, as an aspiring instructor. It was truly a lot of fun and we all enjoyed it!

    ~Carly

    ReplyDelete